Updated for 2018!
One of my favorite holiday activities is making crafts. In addition to the many we make at home, I love taking my boys to events that offer fun and unique holiday crafting experiences. Each year we make colorful holiday creations that are perfect for decorating and giving to family members as gifts. This year, there is a wide variety of crafting experiences offered throughout NJ that you won’t want to miss. From building to painting to cutting and gluing to even cooking, there is fun to be had by all! What’s even better is that many of them are FREE!
Holiday Crafting Events for Kids in NJ
Michaels Craft Stores
Every Saturday Michaels offers fun and affordable holiday crafting experiences the entire family will love. Here is what you can look forward to this holiday season:
- Christmas Trees: November 3 10am-12pm (only $2)
- MAKEBreak Mini Tree: November 3 1pm-3pm (Purchase the mini tree and the rest of the supplies are FREE)
- MAKEBreak Christmas Doodle Slime: November 4 1pm-3pm (All supplies provided for FREE)
- Jolly Santa Crafts: November 10 10am-12pm (only $2)
- MAKEBreak DIY Christmas Ornaments: November 10 1pm-3pm (Purchase the ornament and the rest of the supplies are FREE)
- MAKEBreak Melted Snowman Jar: November 11 1pm-3pm (Purchase the jar and the rest of the supplies are FREE)
- MAKEBreak Christmas Wreaths: November 17 1pm-3pm (Purchase wreath and the rest of the supplies are FREE.)
- Advent Calendar: December 1 10am-12pm (only $2)
- MAKEBreak DIY Gingerbread House: December 1 1pm-3pm
- MAKEBreak Gingerbread Man Slime: December 2 1pm-3pm (Purchase the jar and the rest of the supplies are FREE)
- Dashing Reindeer: December 8 10am-12pm (only $2)
- MAKEBreak Day: December 8 1pm-3pm
- MAKEBreak Design a Frame: December 9 2pm-4pm (Purchase the frame and all supplies are FREE)
Home Depot Kids Workshop
This season, Home Depot is offering 2 FREE Kids Workshops to celebrate the holidays. For each workshop, kids are provided the kit, a pin and an apron.
- Gingerbread Man Ornament: November 24 9am-12pm
- Sled with Reindeer: December 1 9am-12pm
Every Saturday from 11am-3pm, kids ages 3 and up can create a fun and creative craft at their local Lakeshore Learning store. This holiday season, Lakeshore is offering some exciting crafts your kids will LOVE making!
- Favorite Slice of Pie: November 24
- Polar Bear: December 1
- Winter Mobile: December 8
- Snowman: December 15
- Trim the Tree Keepsake: December 22
- New Year’s Mask: December 29
Chef It Up
Crafts do not have to just be about paper, glue and paint! This holiday season head over to Chef It Up in Mount Olive for holiday baking fun!
- Edible Snow Globes: December 7 6pm-8pm
- Jr. Chef Cookie Swap: December 14 6pm-7:30pm
- Mommy and Me Cookie Swap: December 15 9:30am-11am
Wegmans Cooking with Kids
Wegmans offers an amazing holiday cooking class called Gingerbread Dream House. Kids will have the opportunity to decorate and take home a creative and unique gingerbread house. During the event, holiday cookies and hot chocolate will also be served. The date and times for this event vary by store. Please check the Wegmans website for more information.
Bass Pro Shops
This holiday season head over to Bass Pro Shops for some fun and unique crafting experiences. Besides crafting and activity tables available at each event, there are also FREE special crafts each night and on the weekends. Kids can also make a FREE wooden picture frame to put their picture with Santa in. Santa’s Wonderland kicks off November 10 and continues through December 24. For more information, click on the image below.
I hope you have fun crafting this holiday season! Please keep checking back as we will update this list as more events become available!
You may also enjoy: