We are so unbelievably excited to partner with State Fair Meadowlands to bring you information on affordable family fun in NJ!
The smell of popcorn in the air, the sounds of kids screaming in delight on the rides and seeing the bright lights illuminating the Meadowlands parking lot are what summer in NJ is all about. For me, the first sign of summer is the start of the State Fair. Every year I look forward to Dollar Night and showing my boys the fair I hold so dear to my heart. Now, a lot has changed in 30 years but one thing has remained the same: The State Fair continues to offer affordable family fun for all ages!
Since I was a little girl, my family has enjoyed summer days and nights at the State Fair. My father loved taking my sister and I to play games, see the shows, enjoy the rides and so much more. He especially loved sitting in the audience during the hypnotist shows which were nothing short of AMAZING! As a parent, I have continued this tradition with my children as well. Since my son was just about able to walk, he has enjoyed the State Fair Meadowlands. In fact, he played his very first carnival game there several years ago. I am now adding to my bank of fair memories, and I cannot wait to create more memories this season!
Since 1986, State Fair Meadowlands has offered a variety of low-cost options making a fun time at the fair possible for EVERYONE! This year, families can enjoy 17 days of fun and excitement at an affordable price. Every day children under 34 inches tall are admitted FREE, and parking is FREE Monday-Wednesday. There are also a number of Bargain Days available throughout the season!
- Opening Night Throwback Preview: On June 23, 2016 (6pm-midnight), State Fair Meadowlands will celebrate 30 years of affordable family fun by offering an admission price of $7 for ages 13 and up and $5 for kids 12 and under. Unlimited Ride Combo will be available for $19.86.
- Dollar Night: On June 24, 2016 from 4pm to midnight, admission will only be $10/person with parking, select food items, rides and games only $2!
- Kids Go Free Night: Sponsored by Applebee’s, on June 29, 2016 from 4pm-midnight, kids 12 and under are FREE and unlimited ride stamps are only $20!
- Cheap, Cheap Night: All ages pay only $5 for admission on July 6, 2016 from 4pm-midnight! Plus parking is FREE!
- Patron Appreciation Night: State Fair Meadowlands shows its appreciation to loyal guests with discounted admission rates and ride combo packages on July 10, 2016 (2pm-midnight).
State Fair Meadowlands also offers a wide variety of FREE events and programs that are included with admission. Here are some free experiences you won’t want to miss:
- Pig Races
- Educational Petting Zoo
- Hypnotist Show with Steve Bayner
- Death Defying High Dive Show
- Doc Swan Comedy Magic Show
- Fireworks (July 3rd and 4th)
- The Flying Wallendas
- The Human Cannonball
- Daily Concerts
- Cousin Brucie’s Palisades Park Reunion IV
State Fair Meadowlands is open June 23 – July 10, 2016 (closed on June 26) and is located in East Rutherford, NJ (in the parking lot of MetLife Stadium). Check the website for times as they vary each day.