If you have not done so already, please read Part I – The Planning before navigating through this post.
You must be getting excited! Your Disney dream vacation is so close, you can almost taste those Mickey ice cream pops!
I am sure you have read my list of ideas and activities based on the Disney Parks and found several activities you want to do at home or tweak based on the ages of your kids. In this article, I am going to list some ideas and activities based on various Disney Resorts and Activities. This list is in no way exhaustive as that would make this post last FOREVER! I will merely highlight some ideas I came up with.
Again, the activities you choose can be based on the following criteria (and more):
- The resort you are staying at.
- The parks you will visit.
- The ages of your children.
- The show and dining reservations you have.
- The resorts you want to visit while on your vacation.
- Your children’s favorite characters.
- The rides you want to experience.
So without further ado, here are some ideas and activities based on Disney Resorts and Activities:
There are so many fun and exciting activities you can do based on the theme of this resort. Here are some ideas:
- Volcano Day: Learn about volcanos, visit a museum with volcano rocks and make your own volcanos
- Beach Day
- Make your own Dole Whip
- Learn to surf or boogie board
- Watch Lilo and Stitch
- Read books all about the Polynesian Islands
Animal Kingdom Resort
This resort offers a wide array of learning opportunities! Here are some things you can do to celebrate this amazing resort:
- Visit a zoo
- Go on a safari (i.e. Six Flags Great Adventure Safari)
- Make animal masks
- Cook African inspired food
- Dedicate each day to a different African animal (or animals found at Animal Kingdom Resort)
- Read books about African animals
- Hide toy animals around the house and go on your own safari
Boardwalk, Beach Club and Yacht Club Resorts
These resorts offer so much fun for individuals of all ages. They are also walking distance from Epcot and Hollywood Studios so you can focus some of your countdown to those Disney Parks if you are staying at these resorts. Here are some more ideas:
- Visit a boardwalk
- Beach Day
- Make your own boardwalk games
- Dress up as a clown (in honor of the clown pool)
- Go on a boat ride
- Make your own funnel cake
- Visit Atlantic City
Saratoga Springs Resort
This intriguing resort focuses on the Saratoga Race Track. Here are some activities you can do to celebrate this resort:
- Visit a race track
- Go horseback riding
- Check out a horse show
- Read books about horses and horse racing
Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Resort
Both resorts are amazing, and they truly make you feel like you are in the wilderness. The gorgeous landscapes and on-site adventures make them even more exciting. Here are some activities based on these resorts:
- Go hiking
- Go camping
- Go for a bike ride
- Learn about geysers (even visit one if possible!)
- Study different types of trees and plants found in the wilderness
- Take a horse and buggy ride
- Go horseback riding
- Build a fire and roast marshmallows
- Visit Wild West City in Stanhope, NJ
- Build a cabin out of Lincoln Logs
All Star Resorts, Pop Century and Art of Animation
- Dedicate one day to each sport represented at All Star Sports
- Dedicate one day to each movie represented at All Star Movies and Art of Animation
- Learn to draw various Disney characters
- Learn a new sport
- Learn to play a new instrument
- Go to a concert
- Dedicate one day to each decade from 1950 through 1990
Port Orleans Resort
This gorgeous resort transports its guests to the south, Louisiana to be exact! Guests will enjoy beautiful scenery reminiscent of the south along with excitement of New Orleans. Here are some activities to enjoy for our countdown:
- Read books about New Orleans
- Go on a trolley ride
- Attend a Jazz concert
- Make creole or cajun food
- Visit a zoo that has alligators
- Go on a horse-drawn carriage ride
- Pirate Day: Dress up as pirates, go on a treasure hunt and build a pirate ship
There are so many fun and exciting things to do and experience at Downtown Disney (even during construction). Here are some activities you can do to get your family excited about visiting this Disney attraction:
- Lego Day
- Mr. Potato Head Day – There is a toy store at Downtown Disney that allows kids to play with Mr. Potato Head pieces!
- Go on a hot air balloon ride or just witness them take off and/or land
- See a Cirque du Soleil Show
- Visit an arcade in honor of Disney Quest
- Visit a AMC Dine-In Theater
- Dine at Rainforest Cafe
- Dinosaur Day in honor of T-Rex restaurant
Disney Water Parks
There are two water parks at Disney World, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. Both parks offer all day fun for families of all ages. Here are some activities to help countdown to your water park adventure:
- Visit a water park
- Learn about water safety (Older kids can take a CPR class as well)
- Visit Great Wolf Lodge
- Take swimming lessons
- Set up you own water obstacle course in your yard using a small swimming pool, slip-n-slide, pool noodles and more!
- Go skiing or tubing (depending on the season of course!)
Disney Golf Courses
Disney has so many opportunities to enjoy some golf for adults and kids! Here are some activities to get geared up for your Disney golf experiences:
- Play mini golf
- Play pitch and putt
- Visit a driving range
- Create your own mini golf course in your backyard
- Attend a golf tournament
- Take golf lessons or attend a golf camp
I hope you have enjoyed this list of countdown activities and have found it helpful in planning your own Educational Disney Countdown! If you have any additional ideas, please let me know, and I can add them to the list!