Bring a new vision to the summer fun with the New Vision Theatre Kids Summer Movie Series!
If you are looking for affordable learning and fun this summer, then we have another option for your family. Escaping the heat or just a rainy day, we often times look to the movie theatre. Mommy University is highlighting all the free or nearly-free options! New Vision Theatres will be offering low cost movies as part of their Kids Summer Movie Series.
Each week a different family friendly movie will be shown on Thursdays at 10 am between June 22 until August 24. For $4 you will get admittance to the show, a small popcorn and a small drink. Seats are limited and tickets will be distributed on a first come first serve bases.
2017 Summer Kids Program Schedule
- June 22: Box Trolls
- June 29 Angry Birds: The Movie
- July 6: Alvin and The Chipmunks
- July 13: Kung Fu Panda 3
- July 20: The Peanuts Movie
- July 27: The Croods
- August 3: Trolls
- August 10: The Secret Life of Pets
- August 17: Dr. Seuss The Lorax
- August 24: Sing
New Vision Theatres in New Jersey
- 25 North Avenue, Cranford, NJ 07016
- 25 Centre St, Sparta, NJ 07871
- 250 E. Broad St., Westfield, NJ 07090
New Vision Theatres in Other States
- 10477 Chantilly Parkway, Montgomery, AL 36117
- 2399 Cobbs Ford Road, Prattville, AL 36066
- 1820 Town Center Blvd, Fleming Island, FL 32003
- 465 Grand Blvd., Miramar Beach, FL 32550
- 415 Atlanta Road, Cumming, GA 30040
- 8060 Mall Parkway, Lithonia, GA 30038
- 415 Detroit Drive, Bloomington, IL 61704
- 16621 Torrence Ave., Lansing, IL 60438
- 1124 Edgewater Drive N., Pekin, IL 61554
- 2430 Hwy. 10, Mounds View, MN 55112
- 1188 Helmo Ave North, Oakdale, MN 55128
- 200 Southwest C Ave., Lawton, OK 73501
- 4608 Broadway, Allentown, PA 18104
Benefits of Summer Movies
Encourages Appropriate Social Behavior
This is a wonderful opportunity for children to practice appropriate social behavior. This will vary based on the age of the child. Two years ago, we brought my children who were just learning to sit through movies, and now we have no problem bringing them to movie theatre for new movies. Not only do kids learn to sit quietly, they also learn about personal space and not hitting the seat in front of them.
This year, Kids Summer Movie Series will be playing the movie Kung Fu Panda 3 which is a movie my family loves. I know this is a movie that will generate different levels of conversation based on the children’s age.
New Vision Theatres play movies that have been released a year ago to a few years ago. Some of us were raised watching these movies, and thus we now have the opportunity to watch a movie we love with our kids in the movie theatre. It is a wonderful way to bond with our children and share with them movies we cherished when we were young.