One of my favorite holiday activities is making crafts. In addition to the many we make at home, I love taking my boys to events that offer fun and unique holiday crafting experiences. Each year we make colorful holiday creations that are perfect for decorating and giving to family members as gifts. This year, there is a wide variety of crafting experiences offered throughout NJ that you won’t want to miss. From building to painting to cutting and gluing to even cooking, there is fun to be had by all! What’s even better is that many of them are FREE!
Holiday Crafting Events for Kids in NJ
Michaels Craft Stores
Every Saturday Michaels offers fun and affordable holiday crafting experiences the entire family will love. Here is what you can look forward to this holiday season:
- Clay Pot Reindeer: November 12 10am-12pm (only $2)
- Make It Merry Ornament Event: November 12 1pm-3pm (Purchase the ornament and the rest of the supplies are FREE)
- Felt Gingerbread: November 19 10am-12pm (only $2)
- Cooking Decorating Class: November 29 6:30pm-8:30pm (FREE)
- Sprout Stockings: December 3 10am-12pm (only $2)
- Make It Merry Gingerbread House Event: December 3 1pm-3pm (Purchase the gingerbread house kit and use the classroom to assemble the project)
- Clay Pot Elf: December 10 10am-12pm (only $2)
Home Depot Kids Workshop
This season, Home Depot is offering 2 FREE Kids Workshops to celebrate the holidays. For each workshop, kids are provided the kit, a pin and an apron.
- Picture Frame Ornament: November 26 9am-12pm
- Gingerbread Man Candy Dish: December 3 9am-12pm
Lowe’s Build and Grow Clinic
The next Lowe’s Build and Grow Clinic will celebrate the upcoming holiday season. Each child will receive a kit, patch and apron. Registration is required and it is recommended to register early as the clinics can fill up quickly.
- Christmas Ornaments: December 3 10am-12pm (Registration begins November 21)
Every Saturday from 11am-3pm, kids ages 3 and up can create a fun and creative craft at their local Lakeshore Learning store. This holiday season, Lakeshore is offering some exciting crafts your kids will LOVE making!
- Hit the Slopes Skiers: November 26
- Arctic Polar Bear: December 3
- Top Hat Treat Holder: December 10
- Frosty Photo Frame: December 17
Chef It Up
Crafts do not have to just be about paper, glue and paint! This holiday season head over to Chef It Up in Mount Olive for holiday baking fun!
- Snow Globe Cookies: December 2 6pm-8:30pm
- Mommy and Me Cookie Swap: December 3 9am-10:30am
- Jr. Chef Cookie Swap: December 3 11am-1pm
- Mommy and Me Holiday Cupcake Class: December 20 6pm-7pm
Imagine That Museum
Every weekend Imagine That Museum in Florham Park offers special crafting programs for kids. This holiday season kids can make adorable crafts to help celebrate Christmas and Chanukah.
- Let’s Make a Menorah: December 3-4 All Day
- Christmas Gift Bag: December 10-11 All Day
- Make Your Own Dreidel: December 17-18 All Day
- Make Your Own Christmas Card: December 24 All Day
Wegmans Cooking with Kids
Wegmans offers an amazing holiday cooking class called Gingerbread Dream House. Kids will have the opportunity to decorate and take home a creative and unique gingerbread house. During the event, holiday cookies and hot chocolate will also be served. The date and times for this event vary by store. Please check the Wegmans website for more information.
Bass Pro Shops
This holiday season head over to Bass Pro Shops for some fun and unique crafting experiences. Besides crafting and activity tables available at each event, there are also FREE special crafts each night and on the weekends. Kids can also make a FREE wooden picture frame to put their picture with Santa in. Preview night is November 12 and events take place November 13 through December 24.
I hope you have fun crafting this holiday season! Please keep checking back as we will update this list as more events become available!