For as long as I can remember, I wanted to help others. In high school, I decided I wanted a career in psychology, but it wasn’t until after I graduated from the University of Rhode Island and began working as an Arts and Humanities Associate Director at a local YMCA that I knew I wanted to work in the field of school psychology. I loved working with children, and I felt that in this field I could really make a difference.
After 9 years of being a school psychologist for children ages 2.5 – 21 years old, I realized that I want to give back even more. I love helping and supporting students and their families within the confines of the school, but I wanted to reach beyond that. I want to reach into people’s homes and encourage parents to make a positive change. I want to help parents promote the growth of their children in ways they didn’t even know were right in front of them.
Mommy University will provide parents with a wide variety of ways to help enhance their child’s development in all areas: social, emotional, cognitive, communication, motor skills and more!
What Mommy University will offer:
- Tips on places to take kids to help boost development
- Ideas on DIY crafts and projects that will enhance growth without breaking the bank
- Advice and opinions regarding child development
- Toy, book and game recommendations that are fun AND educational
- Ways to prepare for school at all levels from choosing the right day care to choosing the right college
- Advice on healthy living
- Parenting advice and support
I hope you enjoy what Mommy University has to offer. I am so excited to help guide parents on this amazing journey called parenthood. Mommy University will always be here to answer questions and address parenting concerns because, let’s face it, mommies never stop learning!